Real Estate Transactions are complicated and there is a lot of money is at stake.
A St. Louis real estate attorney can help protect you and improve your negotiating leverage, even in “routine” residential sales. You can go to our residential site, www.HomeSweetLegal.com to learn more or to sign up online to get your own lawyer when you buy or sell a home.
Whether you are planning to buy or sell a home, you have likely considered whether or not to use a real estate agent, and have made your decision based upon some cost-benefit analysis. You may also have wondered whether you should use St. Louis real estate lawyer to protect your interests, or even how a lawyer could help at all. There are a number of services your lawyer can offer you that an agent cannot:
- Contract review and explanation
- Contract modification
- Objective advice re: counteroffers and demands
- Review of private inspection report
- Review of title report
- Review of engineering survey
- Review of good faith estimate (GFE) from lender
- Review of settlement statement from title company and comparison to GFE
- Review condominium covenants, conditions and restrictions (CC&Rs)
- Appearance and representation at closing
- Keep a watchful eye on the real estate agents involved in the deal
- Post Closing document review
- Draft custom contracts in “For Sale By Owner” and “Rent-to-Own” transactions
- Draft Notes and Deeds of Trust for transactions involving Owner financing
Having an objective third party represent you throughout or for a particularly complicated or stressful part of the home purchase or sale is important and relatively inexpensive when compared with agent commissions and the ultimate price of the home. We do not discourage people from hiring agents, but there are limits to what the agent can do you should be aware of.
Attorney Marc Jacob also a licensed Real Estate Broker in Missouri, and is familiar with the applicable laws and regulations regarding their activities. We would be happy to help ease your mind and offer you protection and counsel during your next home or condominium purchase or sale.
There are many facets to purchasing and maintaining profitable commercial real estate. Whether you are investing in real estate for the first time or are a seasoned commercial property owner, you want to protect your investment and leverage your assets to grow your business. You may need counseling on any number of business and real estate related issues such as:
- Property acquisition
- Motel/Hotel sale or purchase
- Due diligence review
- Zoning and Land Use Regulation
- Working with commercial lenders
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Licenses, easements and other necessary documents
- Section 1031 tax-deferred exchanges
- Commercial Landlord-Tenant
- Alta Survey Review
- Environmental Report Review
- Real Estate Development
- Tax Incentive Public Financing
- Out-Of-Home Advertising Contracts
- Condominium Development
- Section 8 Tenants
- Negotiations over terms of purchase or sale
- Missouri State Tax Credits
- National Registry of Historic Places application
- Local historic place or district status
We have represented and stepped into the shoes of the property owner, real estate developer, commercial tenant and investor. The stakes in commercial real estate are far too high to operate without experienced legal counsel.
If you are a commercial property owner or are thinking about purchasing income-producing properties, call us to discuss your business venture. We want you to succeed, and to do so with the peace of mind that comes with having legal counsel proactively looking out for your best interests throughout.
Contact us today by clicking here, or by calling us directly at 314.862.2237 or go to our residential site, www.HomeSweetLegal.com to learn more or to sign up online to get your own lawyer when you buy or sell a home.