St. Louis Real Estate Legal Services
Real Estate Transactions are complicated and there is a lot of money is at stake.
A St. Louis real estate attorney can help protect you and improve your negotiating leverage, even in “routine” residential sales. You can go to our residential site, www.HomeSweetLegal.com to learn more or to sign up online to get your own lawyer when you buy or sell a home.
Whether you are planning to buy or sell a home, you have likely considered whether or not to use a real estate agent, and have made your decision based upon some cost-benefit analysis. You may also have wondered whether you should use St. Louis real estate lawyer to protect your interests, or even how a lawyer could help at all. There are a number of services your lawyer can offer you that an agent cannot:
- Appearance and representation at closing
- Contract modification
- Contract review and explanation
- Draft custom contracts in “For Sale By Owner” and “Rent-to-Own” transactions
- Draft Notes and Deeds of Trust for transactions involving Owner financing
- Keep a watchful eye on the real estate agents involved in the deal
- Objective advice re: counteroffers and demands
- Post Closing document review
- Quiet Title Lawsuit (Tax Sales)
- Review condominium covenants, conditions and restrictions (CC&Rs)
- Review of engineering survey
- Review of good faith estimate (GFE) from lender
- Review of private inspection report
- Review of settlement statement from title company and comparison to GFE
- Review of title report
Having an objective third party represent you throughout or for a particularly complicated or stressful part of the home purchase or sale is important and relatively inexpensive when compared with agent commissions and the ultimate price of the home. We do not discourage people from hiring agents, but there are limits to what the agent can do you should be aware of.
Attorney Marc Jacob also a licensed Real Estate Broker in Missouri, and is familiar with the applicable laws and regulations regarding their activities. We would be happy to help ease your mind and offer you protection and counsel during your next home or condominium purchase or sale.
There are many facets to purchasing and maintaining profitable commercial real estate. Whether you are investing in real estate for the first time or are a seasoned commercial property owner, you want to protect your investment and leverage your assets to grow your business. You may need counseling on any number of business and real estate related issues such as:
- Alta Survey Review
- Commercial Landlord-Tenant
- Condominium Development
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Due diligence review
- Environmental Report Review
- Licenses, easements and other necessary documents
- Local historic place or district status
- Missouri State Tax Credits
- Motel/Hotel sale or purchase
- National Registry of Historic Places application
- Negotiations over terms of purchase or sale
- Out-Of-Home Advertising Contracts
- Property acquisition
- Quiet Title Lawsuit (Tax Sales)
- Real Estate Development
- Section 1031 tax-deferred exchanges
- Section 8 Tenants
- Tax Incentive Public Financing
- Working with commercial lenders
- Zoning and Land Use Regulation
We have represented and stepped into the shoes of the property owner, real estate developer, commercial tenant and investor. The stakes in commercial real estate are far too high to operate without experienced legal counsel.
If you are a commercial property owner or are thinking about purchasing income-producing properties, call us to discuss your business venture. We want you to succeed, and to do so with the peace of mind that comes with having legal counsel proactively looking out for your best interests throughout.